Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Summer Project Part 2- a party scene

 We have been asked to use our original seven characters, and to create a party scene for them, and to also include a self portrait character as the host of the party. I've decided to try out 'staggering' my scene slightly, using three layers with the eight characters spread across these, and the front two being cut out in places to reveal the characters further back in the distance.

This is the first layer of my piece for this project, which I have chosen to do in a forest setting, and with an inclusion of elements from the Mexican 'Day of the Dead' holiday (although that will be more evident in the other two layers as those characters will be showing that much more). I added a Mexican marigold type flower to the pencil character, as this is the flower associated with the Day of the Dead celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment